This week definitely took an interesting turn. I was feeling really down and stressed about a number of things. Whenever you throw a bunch of people and free money in a room, whether it's in a "competition" format or not, some negative stuff is gonna jump out at you. I think the people who are just in this for the winnings and nominations and the people who are truly in the show to become more part of the community and reap the rewards that come along with that aspect of it are starting to show through.
These challenges involve more than just throwing stuff together, some of them take a lot of experience and/or expertise to put together. They take people management skills and more importantly, follow through! It's been interesting to see the people who've been taking on the "leader" roles and who can back that up with real skills and who is just doing it because they think that's what they need to do to win.
I was feeling a bit sketched out about this last week because I am one of the people who is doing this show for the benefits being part of our community brings. I'm here to learn how to change our lifestyle and our way of thinking about money, and thankfully the show provides experts to help us do just that. SO, when I see people who are only in this to win a few thousand bucks it's a bit disheartening. On the bright side, I think the majority of people participating in the show are truly here for the same reason I am, and they are seeing through the others, too.
I think that the production could tell we were all feeling a bit stressed and disheartened so this week a big shift was felt with a nice surprise. Obviously, as usual, I can't go into details, but when you see the show in January I think you'll figure out what I'm talking about! On top of the nice surprise, we also have a well-deserved week off.
This means for the next four days I can refocus on my kids, my house and my actual job. I'm going back to work a lot sooner than later (in about 2 weeks, to be exact!) and I've gotta get a few things in order before then!
When we're all back at it next week I hope that everyone returns with a fresh perspective and a little bit of R&R under their belts so we can hit every challenge we still have out of the park! I think one of things we really want to do is take it even further than Aldergrove (Season 1) did! We have so much community spirit and true commitment to making all of our lives better, I can't wait to see the next 6 challenges through!

Good luck with the upcoming challenges:)
ReplyDelete