This week's episode of Million Dollar Neighborhood (Episode 3) features celebrity chefs (and I use that word celebrity lightly!) as they split our little community into teams and had us have a "Food Fight" where we had to create dishes to sell similar to a rib fest or food festival.
Naturally I migrated toward the marketing team as that's where I felt my strengths are. Sarah McEnaney took the lead and I held my own in the design and social areas. (Yes, I created the poster that looked awesome with the rockem' sockem' chefbots!)
Just like every other challenge we had less than FIVE days to pull together a major event in which we needed thousands of people to show up in order to come out victorious. In my opinion there were so many disadvantages this week compared to others; We were split into teams which prevented us from working together. In hindsight we should've just banded together and done what we needed to do, and much like television tends to do kept the drama for the "show" aspect. It also happened to be a long weekend as well as the hottest week of the summer. Like record breaking hot. I believe the day of the food fight was actually 40 degrees! (That's well over 100 degrees for all you amurricans!)
Okay, I'm not trying to make up excuses here but given the timing of the challenge, from our perspective it was basically impossible to accomplish. There were many things that could've been done differently, but hey -- hindsight is 20/20!
My favourite part of the challenge that week was just the food challenge in general. It made us step back and take a look at what we were really spending on food every week as a family and where we were going wrong. Essentially we shined (shone?!) a light on the fact that we were spending almost double dining out than what we were on groceries, PLUS the costs of buying food for lunches every day. PLUS, much like Mrs. McEnaney, Hubs at the time was spending way more on Nutritional Supplements than I would've believed. So, in a BIG way Week 3's challenge helped us probably more than any others. From the money we saved every week thereafter by cutting out the majority of our "eating out" expenses we were able to save a ton of money!
And I just have to say, how awesome was my hat at the challenge reveal? I mean come on! I rocked a floppy black hat and a long black sundress and it barely got any screen time! Hahaha. My "Shock" face is pretty hilarious! Nothing like a good old reaction shot to get you in the end!
I was super impressed that Jackson and Spencer Field did some dumpster diving. Can you believe that there are people out there that actually do that on a daily basis to eat? I don't necessarily think there is anything wrong with that, I mean, thousands of tonnes of food goes to waste when its perfectly good every day. But the shock value on that segment was impeccable! For the record Jackson is single and ready to mingle! As long as you don't mind garbage breath! Hahaha just kidding! I don't think he goes anywhere near dumpsters these days, he may have been scarred for life!
Overall this episode was a lot more interesting and better paced than the first two. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did! Watch out for my Video Recap coming shortly and stay tuned next week for Episode 4! Can't wait to watch it with all of you! As always I'll be live tweeting over yonder on Twitter -- you can follow me @christellasays or if you want to follow along with the whole conversation watch for hashtag #MDNtv to keep up!
As always, thanks for watching! I will post a link tomorrow when the episode goes live online and make sure you keep on keepin' on!
Peace out, Crawlers!
UPDATE! - Here's the link to Ep. 3! http://ownca.oprah.com/Videos.aspx?vid=2109571803001


No comments:
Post a Comment
As facebook may ask, "What are you thinking right now?"