5.20.2012

Back to Regularly Scheduled Programming!

Holy long break,  Batman!

So the reason I had to take a step back for a few weeks and leave blogging aside is because my brain was basically about to explode from stress. The closing process on our home took almost TWO MONTHS because of crazy unexpected twists and turns. Suffice it to say that it cost us WAY more than we were told to anticipate and on more than one occasion we were looking (in fact, about to sign a lease) for apartments/rental houses because we had had ENOUGH!

Thankfully, in the end, it all worked out. I have to say we have some A-MAZING friends and family who came to our aid and helped us through a tight spot and for that I am SO freaking grateful! You are all welcome over for BBQ anytime you want, friends!

So now we are doggy paddling in the deep end of home ownership.

I already made one huge but hilarious fail:

We needed to get a hose for the outdoors for car washing and child spraying and I picked one up on Friday at Zellers. It was a REALLY good price, which was awesome, and looked pretty heavy-duty, which I liked. I brought it home and presented it to Hubs and he was all like "Thats awesome!" and I was like "I know, right?!"

Well yesterday I figured out how to turn on the water to outside and got the hose all set up and when I went back into the garage (where we've also been storing a myriad of stuff that just hasn't made it into the house yet) there was water EVERYWHERE.

It turns out I got an aerated hose made for watering your lawn. Water doesn't just come out of one end, it comes out of the WHOLE DAMNED THING! Thankfully I got the water off before any of our stuff suffered any water damage, but Ho. Ly. Crap. I was mortified for a minute there.

Facepalm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As facebook may ask, "What are you thinking right now?"