It's Friday Already? Jeez this week went by fast!
So much going on right now, doing driving lessons, booked my road test for the last week of July. Driving with Hubs SUUUUCKS. It's not that I am a bad driver, I swear, I am WAY better than I thought I'd be, still a bit distracted and confused, but overall more confident and learning more with every lesson.
The problem with driving with Hubs is that he YELLS at me. Like straight up "WTF ARE YOU DOING?!" when I'm just pulling to the right a little or making a slight mistake, which then causes me to stress out or panic, which makes me make even worse mistakes (like not checking the oncoming lane while making a left hand turn at a stop light!) Just getting in the car with him now freaks me out. I hope he chills the eff out on me because I need to learn already! lol
Other than that, I FINALLY found a daycare for the boys for when I go back to work, except its better, because it's NOT DAYCARE! :) I mean, daycare is great yous guys know I love daycare, but the exception to that rule is when you have to get your kids up at an ungodly hour to drive your husband to the train and then drop them off. That does not sound like a good time to me. So the even better than daycare part is that a friend of mine who is about to start her own home daycare (and lives just down the street!) is going to watch the boys for me! Not only that, but she is going to come and get them in the morning when we're leaving so that I don't have to worry about waking them up.
The crappy part is that I will literally see my kids 2 hours/day on weekdays when I get home and then it's dinner, bath and bed time. We will just have to make our weekend's extra special!
Anyways, onto today's questions!
----------
1. Would you grow your hair out to donate it?
Yeah I think I would. I don't know who would want my straggly assed hair, but if they could figure out how to tame it I hope they give me a call and let me know! :) I haven't dyed it at all for a couple years now, so it actually is a possibility, but not a likely one.
2. What song makes you think of summer?
This summer would obviously be "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen (who incidentally I saw open for Hanson just before spring and like seconds before she became "famous") - Usually my summers as a kid were spent jammin' to Hanson with my soul sisters (Hey, Soul Sisters!) so all time best summer song would probably beee...... "MMMBop" or "Where's the Love?"
Also toppers on the list include: "Summertime Girls" - LFO (Barf!) and "Thong Song" - Sisqo (Double Barf!) -- hey, it's just what makes me think of summer! Don't blame me, blame the record industry of the mid 2000's!
3. Are you a flip flops or sandals kind of person?
When I can't possibly wear my Tom's (or at the moment my "Bobs" because my TOM's are dead RIP) then it's flip flops. But that being said, as I get older the less I can wear them because they offer ZERO support and with all the baby-walking and running around I do it basically mutilates my back. So that's fun. TOMS ALL THE WAY! :P
4. Favorite summer treat (ie ice cream, snow cones, etc)?
This is a tough one because I love them all, but this summer has been all about the ice cream so far. I also love anything from Fairs, so Cotton Candy, Funnel Cake, Roasted Corn on the Cob, Ribs (YUM!), Candy Apples, Corn Dogs ... commence mouth watering stage.
5. Do you do something special for the father of your children on Fathers day?
The boys are still pretty young so it's hard to say what I will do in the future but I know that I want to do an art or photography project with them every year. I've got a few pins stashed away on Pinterest but you can catch them on the Pinteresting Wednesdays post!


Sounds like you are having a bit of a rough time driving, hope it gets better soon! It is definitely stressful.
ReplyDeleteI haven't heard Mmmbop in YEARS! Same with the Thong Song! I completely forgot about those songs haha!
I have a lot of my Father's Day ideas pinned on Pinterest.
Stopping by from Five-Question Friday :)
Just hopping by from 5QF . . .
ReplyDeleteYuck for the spousal driving lessons! Seriously, I can't imagine needing to learn anything as important as that from *my* husband, because it sounds like he's cut from the same cloth as yours in terms of loud, stress-inducing outbursts. Good luck with that.
And, LOL at straggly asses hair. I had to get a haircut just last week because it was making me crazy, and after the cut/dry, the stylist said, "Boy, your hair really does have a mind of its own". Duh. That's why it needs to be chopped off.