1.16.2013

Red Lentils and Whine


Heya Crawlers, I hope your week has been going better than mine. Lately I've been feeling so incredibly blah. I've not hooked one job I've interviewed for and if I'm still unemployed at the end of January it'll be TWO months without a job. When you really need a job two months feels like an eternity. 

I've been trying to stay on top of the healthy eating and activity, but the last few days I've been slipping. I need to get back on track. Last night I made an awesome dinner of Whole Wheat Pasta with Red Lentil Sauce, Spinach and Artichokes and I threw in some chicken for some extra lean protein. 


I got the recipe off of my Whole Foods iPad app, so I screen capped it for you. It was really good, normally I'd go straight for the heavy cream pasta or marinara sauce but this was fun to make and definitely a lot healthier. 


The boys actually really enjoyed the dinner, too. When I was making the Red Lentil Sauce, Cash stole my spoon and he must've thought it was pie filling or something (insight into how I normally cook around here, haha) and he licked it and was like "Mmm yummy pie!" -- I wasn't about to tell him it was a type of bean! So when dinner was served and he started calling it "Macaroni Pie" (you know, because all noodles are macaroni to a 2 year old) I thought it was funny, but he ate a lot and even ate most of his spinach and artichokes. Carter is happy eating whatever, so he ate it no problem.

I'm hoping that the next few weeks will open some doors to me, or at least I will be feeling less depressed and get up and do something. Womp womp.

What's for dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment

As facebook may ask, "What are you thinking right now?"