Um, guys, are you aware that it is a matter of DAYS until the show premieres!? DAYS!!!
I know I haven't blogged about it in a while, but I am SUPER EXCITED (and slightly terrified) about this whole shebang!
I was at Walmart (don't hate, it's a small town!) last night and I was thinking to myself "Next time I'm hear, it's likely people will be staring at me." Not many, but maybe a couple. Staring at me and either trying to figure out where they know me from, or that I look slightly less fat in person (hey, a girl can hope, right?!)
I know that sounds conceited, that I'm thinking about being recognized, but here's how I figure it... The show is for all intents and purposes about this town. 100 families from this (fairly small) town are on it. Most people either know someone who is on the show or are interested to see what all the fuss was about this summer. They're going to watch it and right away they're going to form opinions.
I'm assuming given the first week of filming and the role that I took on, that I may be featured fairly heavily in the first episode. I'm just hoping that given the outcome of that challenge people are forthcoming and nice. I worked really freaking hard the whole season, every chance I could I put myself out there, sometimes it was well received, and sometimes.. well... not so much.
What else am I hoping? I'm hoping people learn something from me. Not in the "I can teach you so much about the world" kind of way, but in the "don't do what I do" kind of way. You'll see soon enough how easy it is to dig yourself into a financial hole and how difficult it is to climb out of. After all, the show is about personal/familial finances.
I'm hoping that seeing myself on National Television isn't scarring. I'm hoping that people had kind things to say in their personal interviews. I'm hoping that the first episode doesn't leave a bad taste in my mouth.
But most importantly? I'm hoping that YOU LIKE IT!
Let me know if you'll be watching (It premieres THIS SUNDAY (ack!) at 8pm EST on OWN Canada -- I'll get back to you on the US premiere info asap!) and then check back here on Crawl The Line for more information on what filming was like, who I made friends with that first episode and a sort of "behind the scenes" look at being on a reality TV show with your family.
It's definitely the road less travelled, and I'm hoping that you're looking forward to travelling it with me!

I'm nervous right along with you!! I remember what it was like counting down the days and hours until your show airs. I hope you enjoy it more than me though, I ended up hating seeing myself on TV. lol Well maybe not hate but it was so bad that my face still goes red whenever someone tells me they saw a re-run. We will be watching for sure!! Just remember to breathe and that you are your worst critic! lol
ReplyDeleteIt will be interesting to see who they have "cast" into certain roles and how that matches up in real life.
ReplyDeleteJenn
Oh, I'm going to watch for sure. And Adam will to, although he doesn't know it yet ;)
ReplyDeleteWe think week one will be our biggest too. And lawdy do we know how we've been pegged - you guessed it - the hoarders. Not TRUE! But that's what you'll see. Urgh. Lots of tears folks! It was a great learning experience though. And wow the friendships we've made are so wonderful. The best part. That is our legacy.
ReplyDelete