11.02.2013

Mom Must Haves - Cold & Flu Review & Giveaway

Mom Must Haves: Cold & Flu Review & Giveaway


Sending my kids to daycare is akin to sending them into a germ infested mud-pit. Don't get me wrong, I llooooooooveeee my kids daycare, and there's really no way to avoid cold & flu season, but I may have some things that can help!

There's pretty much nothing worse than having a sick kid and nothing that can help them. I try to wait out the visits to the doctor unless things take a turn for the worse, like high fevers or excessive/unrelenting illness, I think both of my kids have each only had maybe one run of antibiotics in their lives, which I'm pretty proud of.




I got an opportunity to try out a few products that may actually help your kids (and you) during the next bout of illness that floats through your house! First up, is the Braun Thermoscan Thermometer! 

This little lovely was at the top of my must-have list on my baby registry. It is so quick with the readings and they're really quite accurate. It's actually almost the same model of the thermometer our family doctor uses with the boys, although I'm sure his is way more expensive.

Braun Thermoscan Thermometer
Cash is three, and within a few minutes even he could figure out how to work the thermometer (although obviously when it comes to sticking things in kids' ears, parental supervision is always recommended!)  Compared to the other digital thermometers I've had in the past, this one is MUCH faster and much easier to get a squirmy, uncomfortable sick kid to sit for. You don't have to fight with them to keep it in their mouth (because it doesn't GO there!) and you don't have to stick it up their backside for accurate measurement (although that's always a pretty good threat to keep in your back pocket! It's all about the parental toolbelt, ya know?)



Price: $79.95
Would Hubs Buy It?: If it meant he didn't have to wake up to help me take baby temps, then yes!

--------------------------------

Up next is the Vick's Starry Night Cool Mist Humidifier, which is a bit of a mouthful, yes, but is also an exceptionally cool humidifier. I've been coveting humidifiers for a while because our house is super dry. Like, nosebleeds in winter dry. 




Cash LOVED the starry light at the top, and it wasn't so annoying that I couldn't sleep with it on. Yes I sleep in my 3-year-old's bed sometimes -- his dad snores! Don't judge! I could barely get this thing out of the box before he was all over me to set it up. I don't run the humidifier every night, but it has been handy on drier nights, and now that the weather is getting colder I'll probably turn it on more. I've only had to fill it up once so far, which I think it pretty good! 



So far I'm pretty in love with this, and Cash now officially can't sleep without his new "night light" on. The stars don't move around or anything, which I kind of like. Makes it seem less like a "baby thing" and more like a regular old light. The humidifier is a bit loud, but not too bad. My only dislike is there's only one option for the star light, and that's rotating colours, it'd be cool if you could pick colours or at least have a couple more settings. The colours rotate from Teal to Blue to Purple to Red to Green, around and around all night. I love all of the colours but red, it's not bright enough and for 1.3 seconds makes my kid's room feel like a brothel. I'll get over it.



Price: $54.99
Would Hubs Buy It?: Probably not, but he doesn't like anything "unnecessary" unless it has to do with UFC. :P


------------

Now, because I like you all so much, it's time for a GIVEAWAY! Woo!
Follow the instructions in the Rafflecopter giveaway below and earn your chances to enter!

Thanks to the following sponsors & bloggers for their participation!
Mom Cafe
That's What She Said
Two Bugs & A Blog

Open to US & Canadian residents. 
One (1) Winner will be drawn, contacted and announced after November 8th, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As facebook may ask, "What are you thinking right now?"