1.06.2012

Let's Make Today Better



So far the feed scheduling is working pretty well. Last night Carter fed at 11pm (C gave him a bottle of formula and I pumped -- I'm trying to stock up a bit so we'll do this every night before bed) and it took him a little bit to fall asleep (about an hour) but he did and I put him in his bassinet and he slept in there until 4AM! So I actually managed to get about 3 hours of un-interrupted sleep. It was magical!
And I think because I managed to get a little bit of sleep last night, I got up feeling a bit more refreshed this morning (only a tiny bit, though, I'm still exhausted!) and fed Carter and then put him in his car seat while Cash and I had a shower. The shower woke me up a little more and got Cash in a good mood, so hopefully we can make it to naptime without any major misbehaviour.
Yesterday was a bit of a nightmare. We're both still learning to adjust to this new Mommy Staying Home business. I'm not good at focusing on one thing all day, babies included, so I need to learn to put my stuff down and focus on them. Also, Cash ate practically nothing yesterday. He even refused to eat his lunch, which was Kraft Dinner, and not even the Cauliflower kind that I usually get, but the straight-up almost-plastic kind. He usually eats two bowls and he ate NONE! Then at dinner not one bite of the skillet chicken I cooked made it into his mouth. It went directly on the floor and I lost it! He drank his weight in juice and milk and water yesterday and cried all day for more "baba" but then wouldn't eat. So today we're starting off good with smaller amounts of milk and water and a snack of carrots.
Thankfully Carter is sleeping now and Cash is watching a Wiggles DVD, so I can have a moment to relax before things get crazy. After all it's not even 10AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As facebook may ask, "What are you thinking right now?"