3.10.2012

Review: JJ Cole Mode Tote Bag


The Mode includes twelve pockets inside and out for organizing. This roomy tote allows for three carrying options which includes two tote straps, a removable padded shoulder strap, or stroller attachments for a no-slip grip to your stroller handle.


Hubs and I decided to be practical with Cash and I purchased a run-of-the-mill black messenger-style diaper bag. It wasn't very expensive (around $40) and it did the job. I figured since it was Black and didn't resemble a purse in the slightest, that Hubs would carry it for me when we were together. Ha! Live and learn, kids. Live and learn! Anyways, this time around (Carter) we I decided it was time for an upgrade. And upgrade I did! 

This, my friends, is the JJ Cole Mode Tote Bag.
It is a glorious piece of baby equipment.

People say you don't
need expensive stuff to take care of a baby. Sure ya don't. But sometimes, having the nicer things in life doesn't hurt either! This bag does it all! I mean, it has so many compartments that a totally organized shmuck like me doesn't have to worry about daily panic attacks because they can't find the baby wipes when there is poop explosion all up in their business. 
It has a tote style carrying option as well as the messenger strap, PLUS it comes with these handy-dandy little rubber grips that will secure to any stroller and clip it on there on the go. Plus, you can even leave them on there (I do) when you're not using it. So handy!



I chose the black and white pattern called "Black Magnolia" because I figured it'd be more eye-catching for young baby AND it's kinda purdy, no? I got a matching paci-pod because I could, but I figured I'd probably never use it. You know what? I use it ALL the time. Every day. No word of a lie! It's so nice to have a little secure compartment for Carter's [clean] paci's and I just give her a squeeze to see if I've got one handy if he spits it on the floor. 

I've had this bag for going on 3 months and honestly, it's in great shape! The exterior is pretty much entirely waterproof, the lining is gorgeous and hasn't frayed in the slightest. By this time with my first diaper bag it had started literally breaking off into little pieces inside. Yum.

The bag is actually comfortable to wear messenger style and the tote handles are long enough that it doesn't sit all awkward on you if you're hoisting it on your shoulder. 

I don't know if you can tell, but I REALLY love this bag! I'd marry it if that were legal. It definitely holds more things for me than Hubs ever does!

PROS: Super Pretty; multiple compartments for easy organization (I can carry two kids worth of diapers, wipes, toys, a bottle AND a sippy cup, about 4 pacis, first aid kit (it's tiny!) my wallet, keys, cell phone, a note-pad and pen, snacks and then some without literally stuffing it. If I had one kid I could definitely fit more than what I need in this guy.); stroller-ready and cute accessories!

CONS: Expensive-ish (It's no Ju-Ju-Be, but these things run around $60 which is almost two cases of diapers, if you were wondering.), Can be a bit heavy when packed full


For my reviews I judge by the simple fact of "Would Hubs Pay For It?" 

Although he may not always pay for something I think is a good investment, usually if I can express it's value to me in some tangible form he's more likely to. And believe me when I say he HATES buying me baby-related accessories!

So, Would Hubs pay for it? 
Answer: Probably not. 
I had to buy this little guy myself, but damned if I am not SO GLAD I did every day! If you want to spoil yourself a little bit but also want something USEFUL, this is a great diaper bag and will definitely come in handy EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.


Please note: I have not been compensated financially for this review in any way. Some reviews may be of product that has been gifted for reviewing purposes, but I'm not so easily swayed.
 If I don't like it, I'll be honest about it! 

If you have a product you'd like to be reviewed by Crawl The Line, please visit my sponsor page here. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

As facebook may ask, "What are you thinking right now?"