So, I've never really done a lot of cooking. I was raised by a woman who thought the closest you get to a home-cooked meal was a box of shake n'bake and some kraft dinner. Moving into our new house I find myself wanting to stretch my legs in the kitchen. Having Pinterest and seeing all of those yummy recipes floating through my feed doesn't hurt, either!
I had no idea what I was going to cook the other night so I took a look around our kitchen and made something from scratch. Honey Graham Chicken is what I came up with and Hubs asked not even a week later if I would make it again. So, without further ado, here is my recipe for Honey Graham Chicken...
Ingredients/Shopping List:
- Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts (4) or Thighs (6-8)
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Honey Graham Cereal (I use Sally's Brand from Wal-Mart it's only $3.33!)
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 5 Tbsp Bread Crumbs
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Salt
Serves: Up to 4 People (or if you're us, 2 Adults, 1 Toddler and Leftovers!)
Prep Time: 20 Mins
Cooking Time: 30 Mins
Total Time: 50-60 Mins
Preparation
![]() |
| Dry Mix. To ensure a good crunchiness, leave some larger pieces of the cereal as well. |
Preheat oven to 400°F (or 205 °C).
Dry Mix: Add 5 tablespoons of Bread Crumbs, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and 1 Cup of rolled/crushed honey graham cereal to a mixing bowl.
![]() |
| 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar |
![]() |
| 5 Tablespoons Bread Crumbs |
![]() |
| 1 Cup Honey Graham Cereal (Crushed) |
![]() |
| 1 Teaspoon Salt |
![]() |
| Whisk 1 Egg |
Wet Mix: In a separate bowl whisk 1 egg until thoroughly mixed. Add 1 tablespoon of honey and whisk until well-saturated.
![]() |
| Add 1 Tablespoon of Honey |
Take (thawed) chicken and coat with Wet Mix and then place into bowl with dry mix and rub it on thoroughly. Ensure that it is well coated and then place it on a non-stick baking sheet.
![]() |
| Coat chicken in wet mix well to ensure the dry mix sticks nicely. |
![]() |
| Roll chicken in dry mix |
![]() |
| Place on baking sheet. |
![]() |
| Do not... |
![]() |
| ... I repeat, DO NOT get distracted by crying babies and toddlers. Send them away to their father at once! |
![]() |
| Take the chicken out half way through cooking (around 15-20 mins) and turn over. Drizzle with honey and add more dry mix or just cereal pieces. |
![]() |
| That's some fine lookin' chicken there, Broseph! |
... and the best part?! It tastes like BREAKFASTY GOODNESS!!!
Here is the recipe card for your printing pleasure!

















No comments:
Post a Comment
As facebook may ask, "What are you thinking right now?"