4.14.2012

Growing Up Again: Cash is 23 Months Old

Aw, crud. Who the heck gave him permission to go and do that?


In ONE month, One measly little month, my baby boy will turn TWO.

TWO!
TWO WHOLE YEARS!

Two years of learning how to walk and talk and love and get mad and get sad and wake up and go to bed and be amazing. 

In those two years my little baby went from, well, a little baby, to a kid. I swear he just skipped straight over toddler. Well, not quite.

He's growing up so fast. Not too fast, but just rapidly.
I wish I could bottle him up. Put him in my pocket and keep him this small until I am ready for him to grow older (aka NEVER.)

Sigh. 

Well anyway... at 23 (gulp.) months old, Cash is:

  • saying more words than I can count
  • counting to ten, sometimes higher
  • saying "thank you" when you give him something without prompt
  • a roughn'tumble kinda' guy
  • loving on his brother
  • hearing phrases like "would you stop hugging your brother and get over here so I can put your pants on?!" 
  • peeking over Carter's crib side when he sleeps and saying "Aww. Cute!" (It's a heart melter!)
  • straight out of "I love you Forever" (the living in a zoo part!)

Cash likes:
  • Yelling for no reason
  • Pointing out your facial features "Mommy... eyes!" "Daddy... nose!"
  • Taking Baths in his big boy tub
  • for-no-reason dance parties
  • Dora, The Wiggles, Diego, Yo Gabba Gabba, The Bearnstein Bears, Thomas, Toopy and Binoo, Bob the Builder
  • his baby doll "Baby Carter" who he feeds and bathes and is a wonderful Daddy to
  • Skyping with his family and friends
  • going to the park
  • apple juice and milk
  • pizza, tuna sandwiches, french fries and yogurt
  • making messes
  • wrestling with Daddy, or as he calls it: "Beem Boom!"


So, I'm not planning on doing monthdays for either boy past two. I will do birthdays and half birthdays and maybe some milestone updates from two onward. Sadly this will be my second-last "Growing Up Again" post for Cash for quite some time. Womp Womp. Sad face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As facebook may ask, "What are you thinking right now?"