Welcome to Dollar Store Diva - Christmas Edition! Whatever you want to call it, Christmas is awesome. So, since it's our first year in our house we literally had ZERO christmassy stuff. Nary a decoration was around, so I finally am able to go Christmas crazy!
Naturally since I'm a dollar store diva, I go there first to hunt for the best deals on all things Christmas! The best thing about the dollar store is that they tend to start stocking christmas stuff WAY early so if you're OCD like me you can pick up all the "good stuff" here and there early in the season!
I DEARLY wanted a white tree, specifically with blue (Cash) and green (Carter) decorations. And, because I'm a Gemini and the Mom, I always get what I want! :)
I picked up my tree at Walmart for only $49!! It's pre-lit with blue lights and is just under 7ft tall.
I started collecting ornaments here and there around October whenever the dollar store would stock ones that I like. Since I'm there once or twice a week I would just grab an item or two here and there. Once I got the tree and it was ready to be assembled I put what I had on it and decided what it still needed. But here's what I got at the dollar store for my big "Christmas" trip!

(click to enlarge)
1. Blue Candy Canes (Dollar Tree) - $1.00
I had the hardest time finding blue or green only candy canes, but I finally found them on my first trip ever to Dollar Tree! I'll probably hop back there at some point and grab some more! One box barely makes a dent!
2. Garland, x 2 (Dollar Tree) - $1.25 ea
This isn't the prettiest garland ever, but if you use 2 or more rolls it can look nice. It has the built in wire so it's easy to manipulate. I used these to wrap around the poles outside on my front porch. And it certainly beats the craft store prices of $15+ for ONE length!!!
3. Silver Star (Dollarama) - $2
This star is basically the exact same as the stars at walmart or other places I've seen and it looks great for a fraction of the price. As time goes on I might pick up a nicer one or one that lights up, but for now this shall do just fine!
4. Cards (2 Packs of 20 - Walmart) - $4 ea
Compared to most card prices this is a GREAT deal! I love that there's a few variations and the little animals are wicked cute! I probably should've gotten 80, but think of the postage! :S
5. Silver/Jewelled Snowflake Window Decals x3 (Dollarama) - $1 ea
These little snowflake decals look great on my front window (I remembered to clean it this time! Hehe) and they make the perfect addition to any window or mirror that you'd like to jazz up for the season but in a stylish way!
6. Wreath Holder (Dollarama) - $1
Speaking of Wreaths (which I've yet to find one I love) I got this gold over-the-door wreath hanger for just a buck at Dollarama! Great score and I tried it on my door already and it fits snug as a bug!
7. Candy Ornaments (Dollarama) - 3 for $1
These ornaments are as sweet as they look and they came in the PERFECT shades of blue and green!
8. Silver Ball Ornaments (Dollarama) - $2/box
To break up the blue and green I also added some silver ornaments to the tree. They bring just the right amount of neutrality to take what could be a ridiculous concept and make it Martha-Stewart-Pretty!
9. Blue Sparkle (Big) Ornaments (Dollarama) - $2/box
These bigger ornaments give some variation to the look of the tree and they're lightweight (styrofoam covered with glitter) so they're less likely to be damaged during the non-christmas season or in transit!
10. "S" Shaped Ornament Hangers (Dollarama) - $1
I'm addicted to these ornament hangers! The part that goes on the tree is swirly so you can actually attach it to the branch! Less likely to fall off with an accidental brush or sweep as you walk past and super easy to hang any type of ornament on them! They come in packs of 40, so I'd suggest getting at least 2!
11. Cupcake Ornaments (Dollarama) - $1
They may be made of cheap plastic, but these little sparkly cupcakes are SOOOOO cute! Plus, you can't break plastic as easy and with two boys at home who are drooling at the thought of pulling ornaments off of my tree it makes a big difference! Two for a dollar can't be beat!
12. Green/Blue Glitter Swirly Ball Ornaments - 3/$1
These ornaments are some of my favourite! As nice as anything I've found at Walmart or other fancier stores, they were again the PERFECT colours for my tree and they add a bit of sparkle/definition! I got 12 for only $4! That's a pretty great deal!
And for your viewing pleasure, with all of the bells and whistles:
The Tree!
And speaking of christmas, don't forget to enter my giveaway contest!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment
As facebook may ask, "What are you thinking right now?"