So, in hopes of scoring some good deals for decor and such I decided to visit our local Big D and see what they've got in store for me. This Dollarama is much smaller than the Pickering one, but fear not, loyal followers and accidental readers: Bowmanville will be getting a big shiny new Dollarama quite soon! And better yet? It's within walking distance of our house. That's got to increase our equity, right?!
Here's what I scored today:
1) Teal Mixing/Serving Bowl ($2) - There's an unwritten rule that every time I go shopping I have to buy something teal.
2) Fake Egg Flower Thingy ($1) - It's got glitter and although it looks super fake because eggs don't grow like plants (um?!) it actually looks kind of cute in my little vintage wine vase, so take that, Martha!
3) Utensil Holder ($1.50) - It's not the nicest or most functional thing ever, but I think it'll come in handy when we put out the plastic cutlery at the party, non?
4) Small Coated Hangy Wall Hooks ($1) - Need these.
5) "My First Easter" Bib ($2) - Who said you can't be cute and cheesy for cheap?
6) Glass Jars (2) with Stainless Lids ($2 ea) - Use these to keep sugar cubes/brown sugar/flour etc. in. It looks good and doesn't have to cost a ton either. Plus it makes them handily available and scoopable. :)
7) Bunny Twisty Straw ($1) - For Cash's Easter Basket - He'll use it for ten minutes and then probably break it or stick it in the VCR, but at a buck I don't really mind.
8) Blue Check Baby Socks with a "C" on them ($1) - These would be for Mr.Carter's Easter Basket - and how lucky that they have a C on them? Ya. I think so.
9) Pacifier & Clip Set ($2) - The kid (cough-me-cough) loses these things like they were from the dollar store, so I started getting ones from the dollar store! For Carter's basket. Dur.
10) Chocolate Bunnies ($1 ea) - Put one of these in each basket for decoration and for Mama & Dad to eat later. Nice.
11) Easter Egg Wood Decorative Wreath ($2) - It's got sparkles and will look cute on our front door. Maybe next year I'll make an effort and make something. Meh.
12) Chocolate Eggs ($1) - It's not Easter without chocolate eggs.
13) Teal Candles ($1 ea) - Teal. Candles. WIN!
14) Measuring Spoons ($1.50) - I needed these for all of my easter baking. I swear I had some but they seem to have been misplaced in the move.
15) Cheap Baster ($1) - Never know when you're gonna need a Turkey Baster! Ask Nicole Kidman! *snort*

No comments:
Post a Comment
As facebook may ask, "What are you thinking right now?"