6.08.2012

5QF: Summer Stuff


Good Morning, World!

Cash decided he wanted to get up at 6 freaking AM this morning. Ugh! So suffice it to say that I am already a lil' bit tired. I think I may brew myself a cappucinno in a few minutes. :)

Carter is basically crawling now, which is crazy pants. He's pretty mobile for just turning six months. Good job, lil' buddy!

I'll keep it short today because that's about the length of my attention span today. 

Here's my questions & answers for today's Five Question Friday which you can find every Friday over at My Little Life - so get to it, and link up!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Did you do anything special for your kids on the last day of school? Or did you parents do anything special for you?

My kids aren't school age yet, but I do plan on doing a couple things when they are. I am going to send them with little gifts/treats every year, of course for the teacher, but also for their classmates. There's something to be said about making a good impression. 

I think I may do something special for them as well, but I am not too sure what to do yet. What have you guys done for your kids or what did your parents do for you? I'd love suggestions!


2. What's your favorite summer tradition with your children?

Well they're still a bit young for traditions, but now that we live in Bowmanville I know we'll be heading to as many of the festivals as we can. (There are about 6 annually here -- not counting town fairs and other things) -- I also want to do a family trip somewhere every year. This year we're going to visit friends & family in Ottawa. :)


3. What was your favorite thing to do during the summer as a kid?

We were wanderers every summer. I was never really put into any activities, so my friends and I would build forts, swim at the nearby lake (Lake Ontario, you may have heard of it? :P) and basically spend all day going back and forth from the town store buying freezies and poutine to the Ferry dock where we swam. It was all very "Now and Then"

4. How old were you when you were married? Were you a Bridezilla?

I WILL be in my late 20's when we officially get married. I don't think I will be a Bridezilla, per say. I want our Bridal Party to have fun and have great memories of our special day. I think that I will be very detail oriented and I tend to get anxious/stressed when things aren't going my way, but I think I will be able to focus on the bigger picture and not bite everybody's head off.


5. What is your favorite girl name? (I'm needing suggestions.)

Well if we would've had a girl FIRST her name would've been Casha. Second I still liked Carter, but Colin didn't, so maybe we would've gone with Cadence or Cecelia, Crosbie or Charlize (Charlie for short). I follow the "C" rule, so my options are limited. :P 

Other girl names I love are: Vivie, Mara, Tinleigh, Ella (even though it's way overused), Isla, Harlow, Eisley, Max, McKenna


----------------------------------------------------

5 comments:

  1. If we have a boy next I want to name him Crosby. We follow the A, B, C thing, so we're on to C's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Crosby for a boy, too! What are your other two's names?
      I hope for your sake you don't make it to Z! lol

      Delete
  2. I LOVED Crosby for a boy name too! As a matter of fact, if this one had been a boy, I would have totally pushed for that name. I agree, Ella is totally over used.... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. We live in Toronto and we love the Bowmanville area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Awesome! I love it too! It's so beautiful here and everyone is super friendly!
      Whereabouts in Toronto are you guys?

      Delete

As facebook may ask, "What are you thinking right now?"