In just FIVE short weeks my little baby will be turning 1!
ONE! *facepalm* How did this happen?
I think it's hard to believe because he's still such a baby to me.
When Cash was turning one, he seemed so much more like a toddler.
He was communicating well, he was very full of personality and just felt so... big!
Carter, although he's very mobile (Hubs thinks he'll walk within the month!) just feels so much more baby-ish! He's smaller (shorter than Cash, but still solid!) and has a more withdrawn personality. He's very observant and reserved! But he's also into everything very sweet baby!
See?! Baby!
Anyways, since my baby is turning ONE soon; I've began the process of planning his birthday party. My thought behind it, since his middle name is Presley, was to do an Elvis party! Not unlike Cash's Rockn'Roll birthday, but with more "king!"
To capture the party's essence, I first created an invite in Illustrator!
The inside isn't done yet, but the theme is "The King: Carter Presley" and the invite says:
The King Carter Presley is turning One!
He would like you to join him
He would like you to join him
For some rock and roll fun!
I needed some inspiration to figure out how to do a more mature theme for a baby's party so, of course I took to my Pinterest account!
Here's some ideas I found:
This elvis cake is FAB! I'm definitely doing something in the same vein!
The invitation is awesome! I wish I could commit to doing a record like that! It'd be cool for a wedding invite, too!
They used the same vector image I put on the invite for the take-home gift bags. Very neat!
Dressing the boys for their birthdays is always tough! You don't want to overdress them but you still have to make them cute for pictures! This would make a great cake-smash outfit, too!
Food!
Food is another aspect of birthday parties that I find challenging!
I like the little menu signs, and ideas like:
Food is another aspect of birthday parties that I find challenging!
I like the little menu signs, and ideas like:
- Hot Hound Dogs
- Fried PB&J / Grilled Cheese
What else would you suggest?

Since Elvis is, afterall, The "King" I think tiny toilet paper roll crowns would be suitable!
I was also thinking about doing a decorate-your-own-crown station with some jewels etc. for the kids to do!
Oh, and whatever will we do about the Helium shortage?
Well Pinterest has an answer for that, too! (Of course!)
Fill balloons with the gas from Baking Soda & Vinegar!!!
What is the best birthday party you've been to?






What a clever theme!! That onsie is adorable. And the invitations....so cute!! I'm planning my daughter's first birthday party too :(
ReplyDeleteI nominated you...
http://herecomesthehuman2011.blogspot.com/2012/10/another-award.html
How about virgin "Blue Hawaiian" drinks?
ReplyDelete