12.08.2012

Dollar Store Diva: Mini-Tree How-To



Its been a while since my last DSD! I've been a busy beaver getting all sorts of goodies for Christmas done! Today I'm going to show you some of my latest dollar store finds for decorations and all things holidays! Enjoy!

~~~

A few days ago I asked Santa (yet again) what he wanted Santa to bring him for Christmas. He said a "little Christmas tree" which got me thinking.... I always had my own Christmas tree I could decorate how I wanted and I thought it was so cool... and I DO need some trees or outdoor arrangements, so why not give Cash his "own" tree for outside? And one for Carter, too!



I've seen SO MANY beautiful outdoor arrangements and I have to say, for what you have to pay to get a nice one, I thought to myself I could do that. So... I did!


So first, I took this sad looking little tree I got at the Dollar Store for $3! It's quite the charlie brown tree, isn't it? Standing up around 14" high, it has a heavy base so you can't blow it over with some light wind. (A good gusty wind will be questionable, though!)



To make it look a little less sad, try pulling apart the branches and floofing them up (scientific term, I swear!)



(Sorry for the uber blur! I didn't realize 'til I'd taken the pics off my phone!)

Then, using ONLY Dollar Store decorations (Total Spend $ ~20 for 2 trees and decor) start giving the little guy some cheer!


Cash helps Mama trim the mini-tree!


Advice: Keep to one colour scheme for a more elegant look!

Since my interior decor is all white/blue/green/silver I decided to go a little more traditional and went with a gold colour scheme! I think it looks super cute!


I used the gold ribbon that came on the packages of ornaments to make a bow for the top of the tree! Thrifty or what?! lol


Ta Da! Here's the finished product!





Aaand, outside flanking my porch!


What do you think of my new Outside Christmas Trees? Would you rather pay for a pre-made arrangement or make something yourself?

Check out some of my other Dollar Store Diva creations Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

As facebook may ask, "What are you thinking right now?"