Today actually wasn’t half bad. We slept in later than usual (almost 9am! gasp!) and Cash woke up in a good mood. He ate his “cee-ee-ol” and then sat happily in his/Carter’s bouncy chair watching Diego for about an hour. I felt sort of… docile?
Eventually Carter had a giant poo-splosion and I had to bathe him and I figured since I needed to wash his sleeper immediately to keep it from super staining (it did anyway. Thanks, Boobs!) I started the laundry. End of the day and I’m still doing laundry. Still. I think I’m about six loads deep right now.
So which is better? To spend all damned day doing laundry, trying to manage to switch loads and trying to fold clothes while my toddler runs around getting into everything possible, OR doing one load every day or two? You’d think the latter but apparently not. Apparently even though it costs me my sanity the ability to stay on top of the laundry isn’t cost effective for the electricity bill and trying to keep myself from losing my mind in a heap of clothes means that I’m being disrespectful to my inlaws’ wallets. Oh kayyyy.
To be honest I don’t think it really matters. At the end of the day we’re a family of four including a newborn and we’re gonna have a lot of laundry. But instead of constantly fighting about that I have once again given in and caused myself more grief than its worth. Oh well.
But once again I find myself getting bitched at about ridiculous things. Apparently I’m a big Mo-Ron because I put two different types and ages of rechargeable batteries into the same charging cell. Call the police! I mean, as if that isn’t bad enough, I then took those same two batteries of different manufacturers and life spans and put them into an electronic device. Oh what a travesty! And, apparently, because I did this, I am worthy of a lengthy lecture on the misuse of electronic power. Awesome. Lucky me.
Because you know what really makes someone suffering from PPD totally content? Being relentlessly lectured about the most stupid random shit. There’s nothing more fun in the world than listening to your partner bitch at you about batteries and laundry loads and what a total and utter disappointment you are in the household management department.
Thanks for that.
Tomorrow I am going out and spending however much money I please and if he has a problem with that he can eat a dick. Maybe even a battery powered one with two different battery types in it.
No comments:
Post a Comment
As facebook may ask, "What are you thinking right now?"