I love the bedtime ritual! It's one of my favourite parts of the day because I know exactly how its going to go. (At least for Cash, not necessarily for Carter yet.)Cash follows all the steps of bedtime, usually. He loves having a bath (though I prefer not to do that every night since he has eczema) and he even enjoys brushing his teeth. He goes to bed so much better if we get to do all of the steps and its a nice moment every day that I know, no matter how stressful the day was, we'll get to share it!
He's getting really into books now that he's a bit older and actually sits through a whole book and I think he even takes in some of the stories. I let him pick out the books on his own, too. (With guided direction if it's the sixth time in a row he's picked "Puppy" which is a pop-up book with about six lines total and he's ripped most of the pop-up pieces out of it. :/) Tonight he picked "The Hungry Caterpillar" :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment
As facebook may ask, "What are you thinking right now?"