2.24.2012

Cross off #9!

Thats right, homies! I can cross #9 off of the list because Mama gots a brand new bag (camera bag, that is!)


If you've noticed a [slight] improvement of my pictures recently, that's because I have finally upgraded my photo-taking machine! Here's how the story goes...



Ya see, I was visiting my parents with the babies and my sister happened to be visiting that weekend, too. She happened to pick herself up one of those fancy-photo-machines at the local Wally-World (read: Walmart) and got a pretty good deal on her, too. So, naturally being the oldest sibling I immediately thiefed it from her and proceeded to pretty much not put it down the entire weekend. (Sorry, Jill!)

Here are some photos I took on her camera:

 
 

... and then I had to go back to taking pictures like this: 

... I was forever ruined!

So, for the first time in like -- ever, my complaining over something I really want but don't necessarily need got me somewhere, because on Valentine's Day my hunny bunny (eww) went out and picked up this baby for me!


By the way, Sweetheart. ThankyouThankYouTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUUUU!

Yeah, so I got the Canon Rebel EOS T3. 
Not the top of the line, but for a DSLR it ain't half bad. And for my first DSLR? I think it's pretty good!

Here are some of my favourite shots I've taken since I got it:
  
  
  
  
  

I'm still tooling around with filters and actions and Camera Raw. All that fun stuff.
But yay! It really helps the day go by when I've got a viewfinder glued to my face! It's like seeing things from a new perspective!


No comments:

Post a Comment

As facebook may ask, "What are you thinking right now?"