6.22.2012

5QF: Swap Party & More


Holy crud, it's Friday already, eh? 

This week has seen unseasonably high temperatures (but seriously, what is seasonable these days anyway?) and I, for the first time in my life, am enjoying me some A/C. Thanks, whoever invented that.


I've had myself quite a few playdates this week, a few friends over, a swap party at a friend's house (I got some sweet stuff, more on that later!) and today a trip to IKEA with my buddy Jenn (she has never been before.. is that even legal?)

Tonight my StepMama or "Gran" as we call her (Dad's ex wife) is coming to pick me and the boys up and we're heading down to ye olde hometown for some pre-vacation vacationing. Hubs isn't joining us until Sunday or Monday because he has to take his Mommy to the airport. Fun times. 

I promise I'll take lots of pics and don't worry, even while on vacation I can't miss one bloggy minute! There will be a new post up each and every day (because I lurve you.)

Now, onto the questions!

As always, I've linked up over at My Little Life and scored my questions from there. If you're a blognerd like me, then feel free to swipe them for yourself, too!

http://fivecrookedhalos.blogspot.ca/
-------

1. What do you keep a stock pile of?
Party Supplies. As in serving dishes, plates, special cutlery and dishes. Decorations. You name it.  I think I am Martha Stewart/Oprah and my life is full of endless parties or something. You know how many parties we've had since we moved into our new house? 0. None. Zippity doo dah. Nuffin. I even cancelled Cash's 2nd Birthday Party because of stress with the closing on the house. Yep. I am suuuure they'll come in handy some day (when I have to lend them out to someone.) D'oh!


2. If Ben & Jerry asked you to invent an ice cream, what would it be?

"Don't Get Fresh" - It'd be a mint-flavoured ice cream, with chocolate chips, cookie dough and banana ripples. No, I haven't put annnyyyy thought into this every night for the last 10 years. Mmm... ice cream *drool*

3. How do you blow off steam?

Writing on my blog. I tend to work through my issues here. More so my issues with other people. 99% of the stuff I write doesn't get posted, or a less dramatic/pointed version of it makes its way to the pages. I posted ONCE about someone who was getting my guff really badly and that sort of blew up in my face, so I try not to post about people so much as about feelings.

If I am REALLY uber mad, I clean. So if you find me furiously cleaning my toilet, back away slowly. 

4. What would you do if you had an hour to yourself anywhere within a ten mile radius of your home...no kids, no hubby, just you?

I would shop! I never ever seem to get to go shopping by myself these days, and that used to be a major stress reliever for me. I don't think I'd necessarily even buy anything (much, I wouldn't buy MUCH) but just to get out of the house, sans children, for a whole hour, to with what I please... ahh it'd be sensational!

5. When you were 16, what was your curfew in the summertime?

Ha! Curfew! That's funny! When I was 16 I had pretty much no rules. I don't think that is necessarily a good thing. Let's just say I got all of my "bad" out early on. I often slept over at my boyfriends house (gasp!) and he slept at mine. I was a very strong willed kid and I think that it being my Grandma's second time around in the parenting department she really wasn't as hard on me as she should've been. You can bet your ass my boys will never be sleeping over at their girlfriends houses. If I ever found out that they did? Oh boy. Hell. To. Pay.


------


4 comments:

  1. I'm not much of a shopper myself but I'm like you on the cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun on your vacay! I'd LOVE to hear more about the swap party...never been!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following you from the blog hop! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really wish i did something productive when i was super stressed out like work out or something.

    ReplyDelete

As facebook may ask, "What are you thinking right now?"