Hello, friends! Thanks for stopping by again!
Speaking of "Thanks", I have been feeling very self-entitled lately. I am getting annoyed at the lack of things done for and given to me, and although maybe some of that may be justified *cough*mothersday*cough* I am still a little bit mortified about it. Sometimes we're so focused on the things that we WANT that we neglect to see the things that we already HAVE!
So, starting this week and continuing every week from now, I am going to post at LEAST one thing I am thankful for that week. It's all moving towards my goal of being a more self-assured, happier and together Mom and Partner! I hope that you will join me in paying homage to the things or people in your life who are there when you need them.
So, this week, I am thankful for our Home.
Home, for me, growing up, was neither here nor there. I bounced around a lot, from my Grandma to my Dad to Aunts house and back. I felt a lot of tug of war happening, and although sometimes it felt like it was for my benefit, most of the time it felt like they were just fighting to win. That left me feeling unsupported and isolated, and most pivotally, without a place I felt was my home.
When Hubs and I started our family, even before that, we discussed the importance of roots, of home and consistency. Where we had it in our past and where we lacked it. What it fundamentally meant to us. We were so aligned on the importance of building a foundation for our future. Part of that came with cutting ties to people and behaviours that were not conducive to our growth and building a support system around us, of positive and vibrant people who would enrich our lives.
Although we've worked incredibly hard for what we have, and we are so beyond thankful to the people who allowed us to make it a reality, part of what makes our house a home is the family and friends who bring their presence to it. Letters from dear friends and cards from family that sit atop our shelves. Pictures of memories that will last forever. Gifts from those who enrich our lives every day.
Keeping up a home isn't easy. It takes effort and pride. Some days are better than others, but just like with relationships, the work is worth it. We have lists upon lists of all of the things we still need to furnish our home, but what we already have is what makes it ours. The people in it, the good times to come, all of the things that add up to make it an immense source of vitality and happiness. So for that, I am thankful beyond measure.
------------------
What are you Thankful for this Thursday?
Link Up Here!
Link Up Here!


Hi! I found you on the Blog Hop till you drop and just joined yours- perfect! Anyway... it is kind of ironic. I have a section on my blog called Sweet Thursday where other people can nominate their friends for being awesome. Good luck with your boys, I have one and I know my hands are FULL. Gina @ mychocolatepeaces.com
ReplyDeleteI think it's awesome whenever anyone is grateful, I wish I had the roots as well instead of always moving around. My oldest daughter owns a home, probably from all the moving when she was younger... :)
ReplyDelete