6.05.2012

$SD: Summertime


Summertime Edition!Every season brings new family adventures and new exciting holidays. The summer season is fast approaching and with the purchase of our new home, I FINALLY have somewhere to host events and really put my skills learned watching HGTV obsessively to use!

My most recent trip to The Big D involved picking up a few household items for the new place as well as some items I will use for entertaining in the future! Here's what I got:








1) Flower Power! - $1 each - For SIX BUCKS I got a bunch of flake flowers, which I turned into this:

Not too shabby, eh?


2) Kids Plates - $1 ea - I love the picnic-y vibe for these and it's always nice to have a couple of kids plates that match my kitchen to whip out on play dates!

3) LED Night Lights - $2 - These little star night lights are perfect for in the hallways where I don't want to be flicking lights on and off at night while the boys are sleeping!


4) Measuring Spoons - $1.50 - I needed some new ones and these are super cute. If only they were TEAL!


5) Cupcake Wrappers - $1 - Nothing says "Happy Birthday" like Multi-Colour Polka Dots!

6) Meat Thermometer - $2 - Sometimes a girl's gotta check her chicken, kwim?

7) Utility Hooks - $1 - Perfect for hanging random crap up in random places! First use: Hanging the re-usable bag I'm using to collect the dryer lint and used bounce sheets in the laundry room! :)

8) Baby Teether Links - $1.50 - These always come in handy!


9) Pacifiers - $2 - Carter isn't quite as discriminating as me when it comes to his paci's, so I've always got these for back up! 


10) Hanging Basket Hook - $2 - Gonna buy me some flowers and make the outside of the house purdy!


11) Plastic Ice Cubes - $1 each - Not only do these freezable plastic squares make your drinks uber colourful and fun, they also keep them cold without watering them down. Extra awesome!

12) Fruit/Salad/Serving Bowl - $2 - Gotta love blue dishes! 

13) Teal Plastic Cutlery Set - $2 - Perfect for Parties and Patio BBQs!

14) LED Tap Light - $2 - I wanted to try using this sticky LED Tap light under our cabinets. It worked for about an hour and then the weight of it made it fall off. And so it goes...

15) Decorative Serving Tray - $2 - I love the teal elements of this tray, plus the flower design is funky and modern without being overly floral and girly. This little bugger has become a catch-all in my kitchen but it`ll be perfect for another serving tray for all of these fabulous parties I plan on having... eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As facebook may ask, "What are you thinking right now?"