6.28.2012

Thankful Thursday: Family


It's so easy to take for granted all of the things we have in life, even though we work so hard for most of them, so every week I'd like to take a step back and remind myself what little things I should be thankful for. I'd like to invite you to do the same! 

The steps are easy: Write a blog post about one thing you're thankful for every week, include the header above and link back in the linkup below!

Have a suggestion for Thankful Thursdays?

Tweet it to @christella_says or leave a comment below!

-------------

This Thursday, I am thankful for my extended family! I am on vacation at the moment and have the luxury of instead of just travelling to travel, I have oodles of family to visit and catch up with. Each member of my family brings happiness and joy to my heart. They provide support to me when I need it and offer advice even when I don't ask for it. 

A big part of our extended family are not family at all, but people with whom I have chosen to include in our lives as family. They've been there since the beginning, really. Offering me insight into what life looks like when you hold others above yourself and giving me the strength and encouragement that I needed to make it on my own. They may never know how truly grateful I am to them for all that they've done. Giving me a place to rest my head when I was young and didn't want to go home, filling me with beautiful home cooked meals when I had none at my house, and teaching me what the word family really meant at a time when mine felt empty. And now, as I have transitioned into the parent I look to them as inspiration for holding everything together no matter how hard things get. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

As facebook may ask, "What are you thinking right now?"