Hiya Folks! Happy Friday!
So I told you last week that once we got the final "OK" from the producers that I would tell you more about this big secret show we're going to be on, right? Well we got the final "Yes" and we're officially cast on the show. You may have heard of it, it's airing on OWN right now in the US and it's called Million Dollar Neighborhood. (Go here to see a promo!)
I will be blogging about the process of shooting a reality TV show with my family without getting into the gorey details (less gorey, more super challenging!) and when the show airs I will recap each episode from our POV as a family. Hopefully you all stay tuned for that. Tuned. Ha. TV Lingo.
Some people must be wondering "Why are you doing reality TV anyway? Are you crazy?" well.. yes, but that's beside the point. I think the majority of reality shows on TV right now are either a) really dumb or b) negative, but there is a small little group in there that are all about positivity and growing, and that's how I feel about MDN. The whole scope of the show is about reuniting the idea of not just living in a town, but being part of a community, and utilizing the help of financial experts to gain perspective on the value of money. I know that for us, as a young family, money is one of the hardest hurdles to overcome. We never seem to have enough of it, we spend it on things that aren't necessary and we don't understand its true value. Hopefully viewers will not only enjoy watching the show, but also learn something from it.
You can watch Season One (We're on Season TWO, coming soon!)
of Million Dollar Neighborhood on OWN right now!
Okay, so now that that's out of the way, here's this week's questions!
As always, if you'd like to join in, visit My Little Life for the rules!
---------
1. What's your view on men wearing sandals (yay or nay)?
I want to say there are certain circumstances in which a giant foot with hairy ass toes and unkempt toenails is OK in a sandal, but... I'd be doing myself and the world a disservice. The ONLY exception is a man with well-groomed feet (gay) who wears style-appropriate sandal footwear (gay) and probably looks better than anybody else on the street (gay!)
2. What song do you love but are embarrassed to admit?
"Call Me Maybe" - Carly Rae Jepsen
Okay guys, I'm gonna drop a knowledge bomb on you, alrighty? Here goes: Super-hit pop songs are really good and they're fun! I used to be all like "wah! Turn off the Britney! She's lame! Where's the Nine Inch Nails?" and my friends would be like 'You're lame, actually. Hanson Lover!" -- But the truth is, a good, well-written pop song, it just brings you back to a time, a moment where you felt something and its good for the soul!
I was lucky enough to see Hanson for the umpteenth time this past winter and who opened for them? None other than little miss Call me Maybe, herself! Her song was just starting to get lots of airplay in Canada and not a week later, no joke, the Biebs was all like "I signed her!" and then her record went fifty million bajillion times platinum. I think it was because of me, guys.
Also, her song is just super fun and cute and so am I, so it works. :P
3. What summer camp should they make for moms?
I think a camp where we could all go and talk about Mom things without any drama and with lots of love and support and funny stories about poop. There would be a drive-in style theatre with Magic Mike playing on repeat every night, a library filled with the 50 Shades of Grey series and an open bar. Done and DONE!
4. What is the most romantic song? (Not necessarily your favorite or your wedding song...)
Lost Without Each Other - Hanson
Yeah, I'm a nerd and I know it. But seriously, guys. Hanson is amazing. One day the world will look back and be like "Gee, they were amazing, weren't they?" and I'll be like "I KNOW RIGHT?!"
5. Do you have an embarrassing pregnancy story?
The time I crapped my pants in front of Hubs. No word of a lie.
You want to keep going with this? Are you sure? Are you SURE SURE?
Okayyyy... but don't say I didn't warn you!
So there I am, standing in the kitchen, Hubs had just gotten home from work and I was about 12 & 1/2 months pregnant with Cashers, at least it felt that way. I'd been gassy all day, and we were past the point in our relationship and my pregnancy where I cared even slightly if I farted in his presence. In fact, I was showboating a bit, I think. I remember leaning to the side a bit, like you do when you're letting a good one go, and then I felt my shorts get just a bit heavier and I knew what happened. I stopped in my tracks and Hubs looked at me in horror. I was literally standing a foot away from the bathroom and I ducked in there so fast I'm pretty sure an imprint of me was still standing there staring at him in time.
He started laughing through the bathroom door and said "Did what I think just happened actually happen?" and I said "No! SHUT UP! GO AWAY!" as I spilled over in mortification. I did my best to clean up the situation, but it was a lost cause. I never looked at my bathtub the same again after that day. Thank goodness we moved!
Lesson here, ladies, is when you're uber pregnant and you feel a good fart coming on, make sure you're near a bathroom. Could you imagine if I'd done that in the grocery store? Or the bank? or STARBUCKS!!!!

hahahahahahahaha. that's me giggling at your pregnancy story. because of course I have NEVER been there. right. never.
ReplyDelete