8.09.2012

You've Got a Friend in Me



It's so easy to take for granted all of the things we have in life, even though we work so hard for most of them, so every week I'd like to take a step back and remind myself what little things I should be thankful for. I'd like to invite you to do the same! 

The steps are easy: Write a blog post about one thing you're thankful for every week, include the header above and link back in the linkup below!


Have a suggestion for Thankful Thursdays?


Tweet it to @christella_says or leave a comment below!

-----------------


This week I am so thankful for my FRIENDS. It's been a tough few weeks with so much going on and I've got to recognize that without many of the friends I already had or many of the friends that I've made, I'd be a lot worse off. I've had a lot of stress on my shoulders and talking through it with them has helped immensely. 

I also feel like I've finally found some friends that I can truly rely on. People that understand what it is like to be a parent. Why you can't just take off at a moment's notice and why even though your friends might be feeling neglected sometimes it's hard to find time between work and family to get together. 

True friends are patient, and kind. They don't see you as an "easy target" or try to make you feel less than. They recognize that life isn't a competition and that in the end if any of us come out on top we all win. Some of my best friends have been in my life for a long time. Others are very new to it. 

The best thing about your friends is that you get to choose them. If you don't like your family it doesn't matter, because you're stuck with them. (Not that I don't like my family. They're pretty rad sometimes.) but your friends are yours to pick and choose, and if you're smart you pick ones that lift you up and help you be a better person. They'll tell you when you've got Broccoli in your teeth and when you're being an a-hole. But most importantly, they'll tell you that they love you no matter what, because they choose to be your friend too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

As facebook may ask, "What are you thinking right now?"