11.16.2012
My Freaking Back Ouch! and 5QF!
Hey Guys! I'm back!!!!!
My trip to Halifax was awesome and a total shit show! Haha! The work-side of things went well, but it being my first night out sans-babies in a long time and unlimited (free) booze means my inner college girl came out a little stronger and faster than she should have! (Whoops!)
Suffice it to say that I couldn't decide which was worse on the flight home yesterday, the urge to barf into that convenient bag in the pocket of the seat ahead of me OR the firey back pain!
Oh! Yeah that whole me and the stairs thing? It's not improving almost at all! In fact, the pain meds barely make a dent! Sitting on a plane for five hours each way (with a landing and a second take off in montreal, I might add!) was SOOOOOO uncomfortable! Like eyeballs bulging out of your face uncomfortable!
But, alas, I made it there and back in one piece, so all is well!
Anyhoodles, onto 5 Question Friday brought to you by the lovely Mama M. over at My Little Life (scratch that! Kate at Kate's Life is hosting this week!) . Hopefully you're having a better week than my back! Leave a comment to tell me if you've ever hurt yourself before a long flight! How did you manage the pain?!
------------------
1} What snack/drinks do you eat at the movies?
I happen to LOVE my custom combo! I get a regular popcorn and chocolate covered peanuts, then I DUMP the peanuts onto my popcorn and let them melt! It may not be the healthiest option ever, but the combo of sweet & salty is the best, plus the melted chocolate and popcorn is TO DIE FOR!!!
2} What's one food you refuse to ever try?
Oysters! Ironically heading to the Atlantic Region of Canada this week I had plenty of seafood options and I'm not very particular about Seafood in the first place. But I did learn something interesting, MANY eastern folks actually really detest "bottom feeders" like Lobster and Shellfish. It made me laugh as most of them were literally trying to give their lobster away at dinner. I am not a big fishy fish fan, which annoys me because the good stuff like salmon is SOOO good for you, but I can't stand that fishy taste! The idea of oysters alone make me queasy! Blech!
3} What's your favourite nail polish color?
I rarely wear it these days, but if I have an opportunity to paint my nails I opt for nude or black, generally. Think Chanel! :)
4} What is your favourite thanksgiving tradition?
Well up here in Canada we do Turkey Day in October, which leaves plenty of digestion time before christmas and spreads out the family visits a little! I like the "go around the table and say something you're thankful for" tradition, but I think my family is going to start a Thanksgiving Sunday tradition of ordering chinese instead of doing the big turkey! :P
5} What are your least favorite words in the English language?
There aren't any that are jumping out at me at the moment, but probably something that just sounds funny. I always think it's funny that if you say a word too many times it starts to lose its meaning! Like, say Chair over and over again until all of a sudden you're like "What does it even mean?"!~ SO interesting!!! lol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love salty and sweet together. It used to potato chips and choclate.
ReplyDelete