Do you know what that is? It's called an "invalid ring" -- do you know why? Because anybody clumsy enough to fall down their carpeted stairs and dislocate their tailbone MUST be an invalid... that is why, isn't it?
Yeah, so true story... I'm up to my eyeballs in regular work and freelance work and babies and potty training and friends coming to visit and I go ahead and fall on my rump down the stairs... I've fallen down stairs before and hurt my back, but after a day or so of whining the pain went away on it's own. This time? I fell down the stairs on Saturday night, could barely move let alone sleep, got up and did Sunday as usual except for the white hot pain of seven suns I experienced every time I sat down, turned over, got into the car, got out of the car, picked up my children, or you know... breathed.
I still figured it was just bruised and the pain would go away...
Monday comes along and I've got a super early start and a long day of trade-show social media engagement, which means standing and walking and tip-tap-typing away on my phone and iPad and other engagey-devices. By the time lunch hit the pain was a constant dull roar and by the time I was getting on the train to head home with Hubs, holy crud it was bad. I actually felt nauseous. You know what Hubs said? "You just need to stretch!"
Stretch THIS! *sticks up finger*
By the time we were in the car on our way to pick up the boys from E-Betty's, I had almost barfed in the parking lot and was starting to think to myself "Hmm.. maybe this is more than just bruised..." so I said to Hubs "...if I were to go to the emergency room for X-rays, would that be OKAY?" He offered to come with me but the idea of two babies and a possibly overrun emergency seemed like a totally different kind of pain in the arse, so I decided to go on my own. We got the kids and then proceeded to the local Hospital. I facebooked on the way over that I was dying and someone should come keep me company. (No takers, shocker!)
Thankfully the waiting room for triage was quick and then I moved to be assessed and then again to have my x-rays. The hospital was actually rather efficient and everyone was friendly, nice change from those big city hospitals! After my x-rays I sat back in the assessment area waiting for the results and was facebooking with some friendlies, one of which (an MDNer, of course!) offered to pick me up my favourite dinner and come get me from the hoppy! So generous these people!
Eventually Doctor ER, very much unlike anything you see on TV, btw... she came back in and said "Well it's not broken, looks like you dislocated it slightly..." These are the thoughts that ran through my brain...
How do you even dislocate your assbone?
What do you mean "slightly"?
I feel like she's calling me a whiner... and really saying "You came into the ER for a sore bum and it's not even broken?"
She said she'd give me a prescription for some pain meds (Some, HAHAHAHAHA She gave me enough to knock out a freaking elephant for weeks!) and for a massage/physio appointment.
The drug they gave me I can only take HALF a pill once a day before bed. I told that to my MDN friend and she was like "Aw shit! They gave you the GOOD stuff!" Hahaha.... Seriously.... I took half of one before bed last night and Hubs said I was up and down all night talking in my sleep about totally random shit... I can usually remember some of that, but in this case NOTHING. Dead asleep all night. (Or so I thought!)
The bright side? Hubs is trying to get me to "take it easy" aka therefore helping out more than usual (which is already pretty much a lot) so yay for the small wins when you break your ass (sorry... I dislocated it slightly...)

Bless your heart! I hope you feel better soon...and it sounds like you're on the right track with those pills ;) Also, I saw a crawl the line Johnny Cash onesie the other day on Pinterest and thought of you!
ReplyDelete