11.06.2012

You can call me Trainer... Potty Trainer, that is!

So I know we've had an attempt or two before, but I feel like it's really time.



You know that feeling you got when you thought for the 50th time that you might just be in labour, and then the 51st time you were like "HOLY SH*T This is what labour is!"? -- That's how it feels right now, except it's my kid sitting on the potty and being accident-free without any diapers all day.

I can't really take the credit (barely even a smidgen, actually) because our amazing caregiver Aunt EBetty said "Okay, let's potty train him. Stop putting him in diapers except at night" and I said "OK, Boss!" and then we did, and then like magic he just became a potty-using kinda dude.

(Side note: Cash does not like being called a "big boy": )

Me: "Wow you used the potty and asked to go and everything! You're such a big boy!"
Cash: "I NOT a big boy!"
Me: "No, what are you then?"
Cash: *matter of factly*  "Mamaaaaa, I'm a CASHY!"

We've had the occasional accident (today was actually chalk-full of 'em!) but for the most-part the kid has been fairly easy to train. Tonight I even grabbed some pull-ups to start using at night since he's only wearing diapers in the evening and for naps now! I'm so proud of my little guy! He'll be 2.5 in December, so way to go little Cashy!

2 comments:

  1. Yayyyy Cashy!!! I'm so proud of him too!! I may just have to pop by with a potty-present. :) Just wait, in another year or so Carter will be out of diapers too (the 2nd one will learn faster watching his brother) and then you'll really be celebrating. The no-more-diapers-in-this-house dance is by far the coolest and grooviest dance ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!!! Congrats!!!!! I have been on and off potty training our little girl, who as well will be 2.5 in December. I have to juggle work and home life and activities, so I feel like I am failing in that department. My husband and I have a full week off for the Thanksgiving week, we plan on hitting it hard then!

    ReplyDelete

As facebook may ask, "What are you thinking right now?"