12.30.2012

Resolving Resolutions



Hiya, Crawlers! I've missed you, so! I've been so busy with Christmas-sing it up that I've neglected my poor wittle blog. On the bright side, my instagram is insta-crammed with lots of pretty new piccies for you to look at, all christmassy and wonderful!

Now that Christmas is old news, the tree is down (wistful sigh) and we're onto NEW YEARS OMGZ! I can start preparing myself for my New Years Resolutions!

But before you can create new resolutions, you've gotta resolve the old ones! So let's take a look at the LIST, shall we?!


Last year, I made up a list of the things I'd like to accomplish. Here's how far I got:




  1. Save the rest of our closing costs for the house  House Closed!!! :) May 18th, 2012
  2. Take the kids to the zoo "Did you see the Hippo POOP?!"
  3. Make some new friends in my area  YAY! I'm not a loner anymore!
  4. Not eat out at all for one whole week Accomplished thanks to MDN! YAY!
  5. Get an iPhone  4S, Baby!
  6. Lose Weight  (er... umm... well.... sorry, waistline!)
  7. Celebrate the boys’ monthly birthdays with blog posts and write about their growth/achievements I did that! (Mostly!)
  8. Get a better camera and start taking more pictures  Check Out My New Camera! 
  9. Be more patient with myself and my guys (I don't know if I can cross this one off yet, but it's getting there!)
  10. Do a driving course and get my G2 (Half done!) DONE! YESSSS!!! Freedom!! July 25, 2012!
  11. Teach Cash his ABC’s & to count to Ten  Done! Wait -- does it count if he kind of gargles them?
  12. Find an awesome daycare for the boys  WOO! Mar Mar Kristyna  YVETTE!!!! is going to be awesome!
  13. Go grocery shopping at midnight by myself!
  14. Visit my Granny Done! June 25th, 26th and 27th!
  15. Get a Salary Raise at Work (Well that was all well and good until BAM! FIRED!)
  16. Do my taxes (I really suck at this for some reason)
  17. Decrease my consumer debt (Does being on a Reality Show about Consumer Debt count? Yes?)
  18. Move into our new home! (We did it, We did it! We did it, Hooray!)
  19. Read more books (EPIC FAIL!)
  20. Go to the movies alone - Accomplished! Life of Pi, baby!
  21. Get family portrait done (Waah! I really wanted to do this one, too!)
  22. Make the boys halloween costumes (and make them awesome!) EPIC MOM FAIL! STORE BOUGHT!!!
  23. Throw both boys wicked cool birthday parties (I half accomplished this!)
  24. Do 5 activities from Pinterest with the boys (I'm going to blame working mom on this one and SHUT UP!)
  25. Go back to work (Return date: Aug 27th) I am returned! (And exhausted!)
  26. Write a Book (okay maybe this is more longterm than 2012, but still!)


Alright, so.... all in all I think I did pretty well, right? That's quite the nice set of highlights!  Had some good times (Carters Birthday, Shooting a Reality TV Show) and some low times (Getting laid off. Boo for that!) but overall I'm actually pretty proud of all of the things that I did! Soo.... starting tomorrow, New Years Eve, I am going to compile a brand new set of Must-Do's for 2013! Have any suggestions!?


1 comment:

As facebook may ask, "What are you thinking right now?"