3.25.2013

Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum!

Lately Hubs and I have been talking a lot about what we want to do this summer. Primarily, after last summer's hectic television shooting schedule for us the MAIN component of the summer will be Re-Lax! But there are so many ways to relax during the summer... cottage...camping....staycation... how do we choose? I know! ALL THE RELAXING!~

I don't know if you've been to Canada before, let alone specifically Ontario, but here we're pretty much known for out epic cottage country! In fact, The Tragically Hip has written several songs about it. (You don't know who the hip is? Get off my blog. Now. --- okay you can stay, but go look them up!) Cottages overlooking glorious lakes filled with happy children canoeing and kayaking and swimming and peeling leeches off of their legs... yep... good ole' summer! One thing us "Canucks" love to do is BOATING! We love it. Like, a lot.

Boating. For awesome people only. (source)


I love boating but I haven't had a chance to go much because a) we don't own a boat, and b) I don't have a license so I have to find someone who owns a boat AND is willing to drive me around on it... that is until I found this awesome site that allows you to take your boater exam, AND helps you learn the answers! Yup, pretty sweet!

It's really not that expensive to get your boating license and boaterexam.com allows you to do an online course to prep before you take the exam, so you're way more likely to pass on your first try! I wish they did this with the driving test, too! Plus, nothing is more important than being safe while you're having fun!

I can't wait to get the kids in their life jackets all cute-d up and out on the boat for the first time!

So, what's your favourite summer activity? Something you're looking forward to this year?


-------------

This is a sponsored post. All information and opinions are my own. 
You can pay me to write about your products, but you can't pay me to change my opinion of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

As facebook may ask, "What are you thinking right now?"