It's 10 days and counting until this wee blogger walks her behind through her first official blogging conference. My countdown to #BlissDomCA is officially on and I'm so looking forward to all of the workshops, sessions and micro-sessions available for me to learn more about blogging, social media and marketing!
For a long time Blogging has been a hobby for me, and in recent years I've managed to turn my knack for writing and design into a full-time job. In almost every industry there are conferences to learn and grow, network within the industry and Blissdom is no different. Getting hundreds of the best bloggers in the country together in one place, to learn from each other, grow and gain insight into new trends is really the only way to develop in this community.
So, before I arrive and get caught up in a whirlwind of excitement, I thought I'd introduce myself to my fellow Bliss attendees and start everything off on the right foot!
Here's five things you should probably know about me:
1. Ihatehave a strong distaste for spicy food, onions, peppers and anything that doesn't have cheese on it. (okay not that last part, but kinda maybe) So if you offer me anything with those items, please don't be offended if I politely refuse. Same goes for red wine. I know that makes me twelve, but it's the truth.
2. I will most likely be covered in bruises (on my legs and arms at least). No my partner does not beat me, I simply have two toddler boys. (Cash, 3 and Carter, 1.82 -- I like to be specific!)
3. I HATE being late for things. HATE IT. Like the "if you're less than fifteen minutes early, you're late!" kind of hate. So, if you see me between micro-session's and I am not eager to jump into a conversation about the art of a proper giveaway, PLEASE don't think I don't want to chat. I could chat with you all day, I think you're amazeballs, but in my brain all I hear is my Grandma saying "We're going to be laaaaate!" and I must make my mad dash. (Then I sit awkwardly in the room for 13 minutes waiting for everyone else to show up!)
4. I have three Hanson tattoos. Yes, that Hanson. Although I think it's hilarious that you "thought they were dead by now" or wonder "do they still have long hair, lol omgz that was soooo long agoooo" I don't like Hanson in the way that people used to like the Backstreet Boys and still fangirl about it. I am a music fan who's toured with bands across Canada and worked in the music industry for 5 years. I don't say this to be combative, and I will talk about Hanson and their musical and professional accomplishments until I've gone hoarse, (ask my Husband!) but if it came up in conversation I wouldn't want to do that (people's eyes usually gloss over about 3.5 minutes in!) I just wouldn't want you to mistake me for someone who lacks taste in music or is still emotionally 12 years old... that would be silly! I truly am a deep rooted music lover! Heck, my kids are named Cash and Carter, after all! -- Sweet, now you'll all know to avoid the topic of Hanson (and likely me) entirely so I don't become completely weird like I just did here in this bloody paragraph! Facepalm.
5. I am a Graphic Designer. I tell you this not because I want to brag or for you to hire me or anything (but that would be nice, you knooow, if you're looking or something) but because when you see me in person, you'll quite likely see the real human flesh me and not the perfectionist photographer/graphic designer/photoshop wizard version of me. If only we could hire other humans to constantly walk around giving us good backlight! I'm not saying I only use 10 year old pictures or photoshop bigger, uh... eyes on myself... -- but because I only take photos at appealing angles with good lighting and don't often publish pictures of myself looking like a goon I should probably give you a heads up. (Proceed to note the photo up top as "Before Photo!") -- Well except for this post. :P
Since Blissdom Canada is all about finding your bliss, I've decided that part of finding my bliss is loving me for who I am and not for who I am when I have good lighting and a great talent for retouching. ;) It can surely only make me a better blogger as I discover my penchant for self-depricating humour.
What are the five things everyone should know about you before we all meet face to face at Blissdom?
If you've been before, what do you do to prepare yourself (or others) for in your maiden voyage to a blogging conference?
What if what I bring to wear is too dressy, or worse, too casual? Is a blogging conference an isle of misfits like comic con or is it more where all the cool kids end up, like a fashion tradeshow?
Are all of my terrible questions making you dread going now or are you more excited to go now that you know other weirdos like me will be there and you can't possibly look bad?
Are these the things everyone worries about before a blogging conference?Are you even still reading? (ok that was a test.)
If you're going to BlissDom, I look forward to meeting you or seeing you there. If you're not, well... then this post was probably pretty boring for you and I'm sorry, it'll be over soon! If you're hitching a ride with me there (*cough*Jenn*cough*) look forward to more rambling as we make our way!
xx


No comments:
Post a Comment
As facebook may ask, "What are you thinking right now?"