One of those milestones happens to be Potty Training! Cash has been on the "potty training" ride for a while now, and he's pretty much there. We still have the occasional accident, but generally we're almost at the point where I don't even have to accompany him to the bathroom anymore.
Carter, however, as his words have come slower everything else has come a lot sooner! Within a few days of getting some real words under his belt he started pulling down his pants and saying "potty" -- it was kind of difficult to mistake what he was trying to tell us!
So, since we already had all of the equipment, we just decided to go for it! No 3-day potty training routine or anything, just encouraging him to go since he seems ready. The one noticeable difference between Cash & Carter is their height. By Carter's age Cash was significantly taller, even now he is as big as most 5 year old's not far into being 3. So, by the time he was potty training it was easy for him to get to the toilet.
We're not really potty people. We prefer doing our business where people... well.. do their business. Having a little potty just seems like an extra step and we tried it early on with Cash without much success. So, pretty early on we began using Potty Rings instead of potty's. The only real downside was the fact that the boys had to be lifted up onto the potty to use it.
Thankfully, I have been given the opportunity to review the Karibu Baby Cushion Step Potty! So here's what happened:
| When we got home there was a box sitting on our doorstep. Cash was SO excited he practically ran me over to get to the box! "It's a POTTY, Mommy!" he shouted as he peeked inside. |
| Cash got to try it first. He never smiles this big on the Potty! He was so impressed by the fact that it had a step so that he could climb up on the potty on his own! |
| Carter wanted to try it so bad he couldn't even wait until Cash got off! He wanted to get on it right away! |
| Carter could even fold it up on his own! I loved that! |
The real test was how well the boys could take it from beside the toilet in folded position and put it up on the potty on their own. I was impressed with how sturdy and easy it was to open and close.
Although I wouldn't say anybody is 100% trained yet, I think we're well on our way with the Karibu baby cushion seat! This has definitely become a staple in our powder room, but what am I going to do about the other two bathrooms in our house? :P
Would Hubs Buy It?
Probably not, but what does he know anyway?!
Probably not, but what does he know anyway?!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*disclaimer* I was not paid for the content written in this post.
I was provided with complementary product in exchange for an honest review/opinion. I would never falsify or share false information to promote any product.
I was provided with complementary product in exchange for an honest review/opinion. I would never falsify or share false information to promote any product.
No comments:
Post a Comment
As facebook may ask, "What are you thinking right now?"