I decided that I wanted the boys to be Wayne & Garth from Wayne's World when Cash was about 18 months and Carter was, uh... born.
The thing is, as cute as baby Wayne & Garth is, they aren't likely to keep their costumes on for very long when it involves a wig, glasses and a hat! So, I had to be patient.
I finally got the whole she-bang together, and I wanted to share it with you!
Here's what you'll need for this awesome DUO costume:
Here's what you'll need for this awesome DUO costume:
- Wigs (2) - One Long-Ish Blond wig you don't mind chopping up, and a Black or Dk. Brown Mullet-Style. Our blonde wig was donated (old Hannah Montana phase!) and the Black Wig I scored at Value Village for $3.99! Nice!
- Glasses - I grabbed these from the Dollar store (sunglasses) and popped the lenses out. Donezo.
- Wayne's World Hat - I was GOING to make this, but time and perfectionism got the better of me, so I ordered it off of ebay. There's lots of replica hats out there, so make sure you're ordering one with a good quality graphic. I paid $9.99 for the hat, plus $9 in shipping, so it ended up being more than I wanted to spend, but meh, it's the icing on the cake of this costume!
- Blank White T-shirt / Blank Black T-Shirt - The white t-shirt was easy to find, I actually got a pack of 3 for $7.00 (undershirts) and the black t-shirt I finally found at Walmart for $4!
- Iron-On Tshirt Transfer - I picked the transfer paper up from Staples for around $10, and then I googled "Aerosmith Aeroforce One" and scoured the interwebs for the logo. Eventually I just grabbed one off of a pic of an actual tshirt and edited it in photoshop. It helps to have skillz. :P
- Blue Plaid Button Up Shirt - Scored this from Value Village. It's not the EXACT blue plaid I wanted, and I would've preferred long sleeves, but it shall suffice.
- Jeans (2 Pairs) preferably acid wash with rips in the knees - I just grabbed some "play jeans" from my kids collection, ones that had seen better days. I manually put in the rips with an exact-o knife.
- Amazing Kids who will learn how to make "rockstar hands" for your photo! Haha
Injuries sustained? ONE - That exact-o knife better watch out, because I know where it lives!!!
I have a feeling we're going to be getting LOTS of the "big kind" of candy bars this Halloween!

No comments:
Post a Comment
As facebook may ask, "What are you thinking right now?"