10.28.2013

Manic Mondays: How OnStar Saved My Morning!



I don't know if you've ever really experienced a case of "The Mondays" until you've locked yourself out of your car, with it running, and two toddlers in tow.

This morning, as a I was shuffling my tater tots out the door, I grabbed my car keys and hit the remote start button as I opened the passenger side door and threw my purse in. If you know anything about remote start, you actually have to hit the "lock" button before the remote start button to make it work.

As I mindlessly tried to usher my kids towards the back door, my toddler pushed the passenger-side door shut. Crap. I didn't unlock the car before I set the keys down on my purse. They were trapped in there, along with my purse and any remaining chance of me making it to work on time!

Great. While my pretty new 2014 GMC Terrain sat idling in my driveway, I pushed the boys back inside and prepared for a long wait. My dear old friend Barney (the dinosaur, duh) kept them occupied while I tried to sort out the situation.

Panicked (and thankful that I still had it in my pocket) I pulled my iPhone out and called OnStar. I provided them a few details and within moments I was back outside getting the kids into the SUV.

I don't know what I would've done if my car hadn't been OnStar capable! Having gone through this experience, I definitely know it'll be on my "must have" list for every vehicle I buy in the future!

At least I had a good excuse for being late, right?






--------------------------
Disclaimer: I did NOT lock myself out of my car intentionally so that I could write a sponsored post about OnStar. They didn't pay me to write this. Maybe they will next time. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

As facebook may ask, "What are you thinking right now?"