Why Hello there! Happy Friday, Everyone!
It's been a while since I've got into the 5QF jive, so let's just dive in, shall we? I know you're just dying to know what my favourite fall/winter drink is! As always, you can hop on over to My Little Life to score your own 5QF questions for answering!
1. What terrifies you the most?
The thing that used to terrify me the most was something stupid like being trapped in a falling elevator or being attacked by a bunch of angry bees, but now those things seem very unlikely and in knowing what I now know as a mother, I can most certainly say that the idea of losing either of my children scares me to the absolute core of my being. I know I could get through it if I had to, but it would be incredibly incredibly painful and would probably drive me far past any breaking point I could fathom today in reality.
When you become a mother your life just stops being about you. I could drop dead tomorrow and I'd be okay with that (not really, but more accepting of fate than before, I guess) but if I lost one of my boys? Donezo, bro.
2. Favorite fall/winter drink?
It just. so. happens. that TODAY kicks off the Holiday Season at Starbucks. And OMGROFL I can't choooose! They're so many good options! Egg Nog Latte? Peppermint Mocha? Caramel Brule Macciato? I die.
3. Do you and your spouse have the same political views?
I would like to think that we do. He tends to lean a bit more traditionally than I would, and since he works with a lot of big wig types he gets a lot of knowledge from them, but I think it's safe to say we're both VERY Liberal, so Liberal we're too Liberal for the Liberal party, in fact. I like to think of Canada's Liberal party as "Left Wing Conservatives"... but now that I have a family that belongs to me it's hard to fit so neatly into one little political package.
I have a hard time finding a party that I agree with everything on. I agree that we shouldn't have to pay astronomical taxes (Conservative). I agree that social programs and education are VERY important (NDP.) I agree that my family's benefits and healthcare are high on my priority lists (Liberal) and I think that the environment should be focused on in a major way and that education around the environment and major changes in our every day lives and the impact of our living should all be changed (Green Party.) I also agree that marijuana should be legalized (for people ABOVE 19!) and taxed (also Green Party.)
I'd say that Hubs agrees with probably 90% of that stuff. Ultimately when we're thinking about our political choices we're thinking about our family, but each party running in Canada currently has pro's and con's regarding family life and work life and living life. It's hard to say for certain where my convictions ultimately line up at this point.
4. What was the last book you read? Was it any good?
I'm still working my way through 50 Shades of Grey. No word of a lie, I've been trying unsuccessfully to read this book since the summer began. Hubs brought it home for me as all of the ladies at his work raved about it and its impact on their bedroom habits, so I thought we could give it a shot. Long story short? Snore-fest! Seriously, not only is the book wicked boring but I also am so tired and busy all the time that when I actually have time to sit down and read it I am falling asleep by page two. Sorry, Hubs!
5. Do you look forward to the snow each winter? Why or why not?
I look forward to the first snow. All the other snows can take a hike! The first snow, it's magical. It smells like amazing and it's always fluffy and white and falling at that perfect slow happy pace. It usually doesn't last long either, which makes it that much more special. As a whole winter kind of bites the big one... the way I look at it is this: The clothes are cool, but really, when it comes down to being too hot or too cold, too hot you can always jump in a pool, drink a cold drink, do something to take the edge off... but when you're too cold? Good luck! You put on another sweater and end up overheating, sweating and then getting even more cold when you go outside. Chilly hurty face winds. Soggy mittens. Muddy boots tracking through the house. Bundling up children only to have them not fit safely into their car seats. Runny noses!!! 'Nuff said!

Oh my...you and I feel EXACTLY the same way about winter/snow! That first snowfall is so magical and wonderful...then? I'm totally over it. Except for Christmas. Snow on Christmas is a must.
ReplyDelete