If you read this post, you know that Carter has had some delay when it comes to his speech development. This was tough on me at first, especially as a Mom of an older kid who spoke a lot and early.
Well, here's a little video I shot (I know, I know, turn your phone sideways! Whoops) of Carter using some words he's learned in the past couple of months. It's hard to catch since he's so quiet, and he's still not quite there on his enunciation, but this is leaps and bounds from the infrequent use of words he had before.
He's getting much better at mimicking sounds and he LOVES singing "La La La Laaa" and shouting "MAP!" at Dora. Toddler Steps.
In this video he says the words:
Mama
Dada
Carter (Sounds more like "Caya" right now)
Cash ("Caaaa")
I Love You ("I yieee uuuuu")
Hi
Up
Hello ("Hi Yie")
Bye Bye
and ...
... of course...
MMMBop!
(he didn't pronounce it well in the video, but he does say it quite frequently, actually!)
I think what is probably the funniest thing of all is how soft-spoken he is when he does talk. He comes from two fairly loud-mouth parents and an exceptionally loud-mouthed big brother. We're a family of big talkers and he's our teeny little shy soft-spoken guy. Love him.
No comments:
Post a Comment
As facebook may ask, "What are you thinking right now?"